When it comes to your wedding, every detail matters, as you begin planning it. You will quickly realize that there are a million little details to take care of. Choosing Wedding Flowers is just one of them, but it's an important one! After all, your flowers will be in nearly every photo on your big day. And while you may have a clear vision of what you want your big day to look like, choosing the right wedding flowers can be a daunting task. There are so many factors to consider, from the season to your color palette to the overall style of your event. But don't worry, we're here to help!
To help you choose the perfect blooms for the wedding, we've put together this handy guide. Just follow these eight steps, and you'll have beautiful, seasonal flowers that compliment wedding style perfectly.
8 Steps To Follow For Choosing Right Flowers
- Start by Narrowing Down Your Color Palette. Do you envision a romantic blush and ivory bouquet or a vibrant arrangement of sunflowers? Once you have an idea of the colors you want to use, choosing your flowers will be much easier.
- Seasonality is Key When Selecting Wedding Flowers. In-season blooms will be more readily available (and less expensive!) than flowers that are out of season. Not sure what's in season? Check out this helpful guide from The Knot.
- Overall Style. Once you've selected a few seasonal favorites, it's time to start thinking about the overall style of your arrangements. Do you want something classic and elegant or wild and whimsical? Work with your florist to choose arrangements that fit your vision.
- Don't Forget the Little Details! From boutonnieres to centerpieces, every element of a wedding should reflect your style and theme.
- Budget. If you're on a budget, there are a few ways to save on your floral budget. First, consider using more greenery in your arrangements. Greenery is typically less expensive than blooms and can help fill out your arrangements. Second, opt for local and in-season flowers whenever possible. Third, choose simple arrangements that don't require a lot of complex design work.
- Delivery. Once you've finalized your choices, it's time to start thinking about delivery. You'll need to coordinate with your florist to ensure that everything arrives on time and in good condition.
- On the Day of the Wedding, take a few moments to enjoy your beautiful flowers! After all the hard work you've put into choosing them, they deserve to be appreciated.
- After your Big Day, don't forget to dry and preserve the wedding bouquet. This way, you can enjoy your flowers for years to come.
Also keep in mind that the types of flowers you choose will shape the tone of the wedding like white calla lilies are timeless and elegant, while bright pink ranunculus is playful and peppy. So pick a few descriptive words (rustic, elegant, glamorous, boho, modern, etc.) to explain wedding style to the florist. Describe your venue, dress code, and another decor you plan to incorporate. We hope this guide has been helpful as you begin planning wedding flowers. Just remember to have fun with it and choose blooms that make you happy! In case of any further doubts, Contact Tina’s Flowers and get help with whatever you need when it comes to flowers.